What is NEUROPSYCHOLOGY?
Neuropsychology is an area of research dedicated to understanding brain and behavior relationships. Clinical evaluations are comprehensive and provide an objective assessment of cognitive, emotional, and behavioral functioning. Dr. Kiely appreciates the diversity of individuals who request an evaluation. As such, the assessment experience is individualized, and the battery of assembled tests is tailored to address the targeted referral question.
HOW CAN AN EVALUATION BE USEFUL?
A neuropsychological assessment can meet a number goals including:
- Establishing a cognitive profile of relative strengths and weakness
- Characterizing the extent of cognitive and functional changes
- Differential diagnosis (i.e., normal aging vs. underlying neurodegenerative disease)
- Establishing a cognitive baseline, with subsequent tracking of changes over time
- The results can provide a "road map" for other treating providers
- Establishing appropriate treatment recommendations in accord with patient needs
who should get an evaluation?
For assessment patients, Dr. Kiely sees adult patients (18 years +) who are experiencing a wide spectrum of symptoms and conditions including:
- Memory loss
- Concern for neurodegenerative disease (e.g., Alzheimer's disease)
- Motor changes and Movement disorders (e.g., Parkinson's disease)
- Cerebrovascular disease
- Head injury and suspected concussion
- Endocrine disorders (e.g., Hashimoto’s disease)
- Learning difficulties
- Chronic pain
- Sleep issues (insomnia, sleep apnea)
- Anxiety / Panic
Ready to schedule an appointment? Have questions about services? To book an appointment, please email at email@example.com, or call at (415) 938-4954, or visit the CONTACT page via the button below.